It's hard to believe I'll be at the Relevant Conference in just over a week. I'm really excited to meet my room mates: Hyacynth and Suzannah. Both are very talented writers. I'm grateful they let me share their room.
Here's my list of ten things you should know about me, in no particular order…
(I may or may not update this post with pictures later)
1. Even though I grew up in Australia, my accent has mostly disappeared. In fact, I talk a little funny. Sometimes my r’s sound like a’s. Even though my accent is mostly gone, I still use some Australia words and phrases that might make no sense to you. It’s okay if you laugh. I won’t mind.
2. Growing up in Australia, we did not have typing as part of the school curriculum . . . so, I have a unique typing style that entails some speedy, across the keyboard, one finger moves.
3. I get overly excited about food choices and food-related discussions.
For example, a new-acquaintance mentioned that she did not like cauliflower. Instead of saying something like, “Oh,” I burst into this: “Have you ever tried cauliflower roasted? It is SO good that way. Just toss it in some olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then pop it in the oven. It is SO good!”
Don’t even get me started on Panini fillings. . .
I'll be hunting the real food choices at the conference. I’m definitely a lover of real food. I think butter is good.
4. I’m coming from the West coast. I’ll probably have a hard time waking up in the morning. I don’t drink coffee (I wish I did), but I do have my tea stash already packed. Priorities.
5. I’m bringing my favorite workout DVDs. I’m not saying I’ll do them, but they are there and I might try to con you into a workout session. Maybe even an #eatpraylose group workout. If not that, then a nice walk outside would be lovely.
6. I’m pretty sure I’ll cry at some point. But don’t feel bad. It’s okay, really.
7. I thought it was a good idea to get an inexpensive haircut at the local beauty school. It wasn’t the best idea I’ve ever had. I’ll be trying to make it look decent with my Velcro rollers. Prepare to be dazzled (snort).
8. I love to talk about motherhood and life in general. I want to know how you do things but sometimes I'm afraid to ask for fear of overstepping. I love to listen and want to hear about your life.
9. I'm fairly shy, but can really talk it up on certain topics. I have no idea if I'm going to be nervous or not. Probably a little.
10. I don't have any cute pajamas. If I don't find any when I go out today, I'll be wearing my old ones. I don't think you will care.
I'll linking up toErin's where others are sharing what there Relevant roomies should know.
Follow me on twitter: @DelightfulHome