As you might know, I've cut coffee out of my life for various health reasons and am increasing the amount of tea I drink. Herbal tea is a great option because it allows us to reap the benefits of unique to each herb. It's a way of giving yourself a natural, medicinal boost without a lot of stress or hassle.
There are many wonderful herbal teas available nowadays, but it's also easy to make your own.
Today I want to share a simple recipe I use to help satisfy my sweet tooth and keep cravings at bay. I call it Cravings Buster Tea.
Cravings Buster Tea has three ingredients. If I could add one more, it would be a little Ashwagandha, to help manage stress. (I'll experiment with that and let you know how it goes!).
Here's what you'll need to make my Cravings Buster Tea Recipe:
- Chamomile – promoting a feeling of peace and calm, since we all know how stress seems to add to sugar cravings!
- Hibiscus – added because of its subtle sweetness, this herb tastes like a sweet treat. Hibiscus also provides a beautiful red color.
- Nettle leaves – it is believed that nettle can help reduce inflammation and that it may be helpful in treating type-2 diabetes. I've included it for those reasons, but also because of its cleansing properties. Another option would be to use alfalfa, which is also believed to help support healthy blood sugar levels.
- 1/8- 1/4 Measuring cup
- Bowl and spoon
- Tea Strainer – I use the Tea Time Glass Travel Bottle from Full Circle.
How to Make Cravings Buster Tea
- 1/4 cup chamomile, dried
- 1/4 cup hibiscus, dried
- 1/8 cup nettle, dried
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to a glass storage jar with a tight-fitting lid. Store out of direct sunlight.
To use: Add 1 tablespoon of tea mixture to 1 cup of hot water. Let steep for 3-5 minutes.
You may add a little stevia for extra sweetness if desired.
Here's a quick video that shows just how easy it is to make:
It turns a beautiful deep purplish-red color. Everyone will be asking what you are drinking!
About the Tea Time Bottle. . .
It's always fun to discover new inventions that support a healthy lifestyle. The 19-ounce Tea Time Bottle is one of these.
I was thrilled to find the eco-friendly brand, Full Circle, and their Tea Time bottle (as well as many green and natural household products – I actually use their scrubbing brushes and have my eye on their kitchen towels as well!).
Here's a quick video showing you how to use it:
The bottom of the bottle holds a removable strainer that holds bagged tea, lemon, fresh mint leaves, or loose tea.
Once you've filled the strainer, just add the lid, then flip the bottle over and pour in the hot water.
The Tea Tie bottle is made from heat-resistant borosilicate glass and is BPA free.
The cork sleeve provides insulation but can be removed fro washing.
I love that you can drink from all sides of the top lid, making it easy to drink with one hand. There's no twisting and turning to find the spout, making it a great travel mug.
The lid is so well-designed, it's almost impossible to spill any liquid from this bottle.
I even put the bottle flat on its side, and it didn't leak (not that I would recommend doing that! Just saying.)
The Tea Time Bottle comes in a variety of colors, I have it in Elderberry (because you know I love my purple!).
Win a Tea Time Bottle in the Color of Your Choice!
Winner will receive a Tea Time bottle in the color of their choice. Check out the available colors here.
Giveaway open to US Residents only. Must be 18 years or older.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This post is sponsored by Full Circle. All opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Stacy Karen (see all)
- DIY Green Cleaning: How to Get Started - March 7, 2019
- Green Cleaning Recipes (Quick and Easy) - March 6, 2019
- How to Choose the Right Carrier Oil for Homemade Skin Care Products - March 3, 2019