I know they look like lip balm! But they are scented perfume sticks!
Carry them in your pocket and apply at any time.
Scented with essential oils, these perfume sticks are all-natural. Woo-hoo!
How to make Solid Perfume Sticks
I have adapted this recipe from My Buttered Life Personal Care edition
2 tablespoons sweet almond oil (buy at Mountain Rose Herbs or Amazon)
1 tablespoon apricot kernel oil (buy at Mountain Rose Herbs or Amazon)
1/4 cup beeswax pastilles (buy at Mountain Rose Herbs or Amazon)
3/4 teaspoon essential oil (like lavender or sweet orange)
1. Add beeswax and oils to a heavy duty glass measuring jar (make sure it's heat proof. Use a canning jar if you are not sure).
2. Place jar in a pot and pour water into the pot so it comes up the sides of the jar (past the ingredients inside the jar).
3. Warm the water and ingredients over medium heat.
(You could also melt everything in a double boiler instead).
3. Remove from heat, stir in the essential oils and pour into lip balm tubes.
4. Allow to harden before covering with a lid.
Pretty easy, right?
Latest posts by Stacy Karen (see all)
- How to Infuse Aloe Vera - June 9, 2019
- Using Essential Oils Safely in DIY Skincare - June 8, 2019
- Why Switch to Natural Deodorant (and how to find one that works) - April 24, 2019