Do you like basil or have an abundance of it growing in the garden?
If so, then you'll want to check out the post I wrote over at GNOWFGLINS.
Basil is a wonderful herb that flourishes in summer months. Besides being delicious, basil offers many health benefits:
- Basil is rich in antioxidants
- Boosts mood (even the scent of basil is thought to be uplifting)
- Basil has anti-inflammatory properties (which help treat digestive disorders and other inflammation-based ailments, such as headaches)
- Holy Basil is an adaptogen, thus it aids the body when dealing with stress and change
- Basil supports the immune system
Isn’t it wonderful how the food we eat can enhance our health and heal the body?
Here are five fun ways to use basil and get the most of this delicious and beneficial herb.