Since discovering so many food allergies, I've had to revamp my meals quite a bit.
One of the main difficulties has been eliminating most grains. This has involved replacing tortillas, breads, and grain-based side dishes.
One of my favorite meals has been the one I'm sharing today. My family enjoys is too. Which means I don't have to prepare two meals!
Basil Beef Lettuce Wraps
Recipe adapted from 42 Healthy Dinners
3 tablespoons coconut aminos
2 teaspoons fish sauce
Juice from 1 lime
2 teaspoons sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 pounds ground beef
1/2 bunch basil leaves, roughly chopped,
plus more for garnish
Lettuce, for wraps (such as red or green leaf
or butter lettuce)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, fish sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, and garlic. Set aside.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and onions and sauté until tender.
3. Once tender, remove the bell peppers and onions from the skillet and set aside.
4. Add ground beef to the same pan and cook until browned.
5. Add the peppers and onions back to the pan and stir to distribute evenly. Add basil leaves and cook until wilted.
6. Spoon the basil/beef mixture onto the lettuce leaves and wrap the leaves around the meat like a burrito. Add more basil leaves as a garnish, if desired.
Latest posts by Stacy Karen (see all)
- Manuka Honey Ratings – What Do the Numbers Mean? - January 23, 2020
- How and When to Use Natural Preservatives in DIY Beauty Products - January 23, 2020
- Self-Care Action Plan for the Holidays - December 23, 2019