This homemade body scrub smells just like fall. I hop back and forth between calling it Cinnamon-Spice body scrub and Holiday Spice body scrub!
If you have a well-stocked spice cabinet, you can whip up this sweetly spiced body scrub in a matter of minutes.
I love the ratio of spices in this recipe, but to tell you the truth, if you don't have all the spices, substitute 1-2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice for a similar scent.
Since this scrub contains cinnamon it's important to note that it may not be suitable for those with sensitive skin or for pregnant women.
This makes a delightful hostess gift or make it as a treat for yourself.
Cinnamon Spice Body Scrub Recipe
The recipe comes from my ebook, The Body Scrub Bible.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (buy at Mountain Rose Herbs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice (buy at Mountain Rose Herbs)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (buy at Mountain Rose Herbs)
- 1⁄3 cup sweet almond oil (buy at Mountain Rose Herbs)
- Optional extra: 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom (buy at Mountain Rose Herbs)
Place sugar and spices in a clean bowl. Add oil and stir to combine.
This scrubs is intended for use on the body, not the face. Do not use on broken skin or skin that is sunburned, windburned, or damaged in any way.
Latest posts by Stacy Karen (see all)
- Modern Cosmetics: Ingredients of Natural Origin Review - June 25, 2019
- How to Infuse Aloe Vera - June 9, 2019
- Using Essential Oils Safely in DIY Skincare - June 8, 2019