This is my favorite sugar scrub to make. It easily rivals anything I have ever purchased!
Excellent as a body scrub, it is also lovely to use on your hands when you need a quick pick-me-up. Citrusy and fresh, this scrub will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
Once you have the ingredients on hand, it will take all of 5 minutes to put this beauty together.
And, may I encourage you to invest in some good essential oils? I put it off forever, thinking they cost too much, but now that I have them, I use them all.the.time. Not just for making body products, also for cleaning, and homemade remedies for sick, or tired folks. I get most of mine from Mountain Rose Herbs. But have also purchased some of the Aura Cacia brand through Frontier Co-op and at the health food store.
Lemon- Lime Sugar Scrub
1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted over low heat.
2 cups white sugar
20 drops lime essential oil
3-5 drops lemon essential oil
3 drops orange essential oil
3 drops bergamot essential oil
½ teaspoon green sugar sprinkles, optional (I didn't use them in the scrub pictured)
1/2 cup avocado oil – May substitute Sunflower, Sweet Almond or Jojoba oil
- Mix all ingredients, except for olive oil, in a large bowl.
- Gradually add olive until you reach the desired consistency.
- Put in a pretty jar! And add a label.I love to make my labels using the funky fonts from Kevin and Amanda's Fonts for Peas. They are awesome.)
- Scrub on desired area and rinse off with water. (Is especially useful to aid in the sloughing of dead skin…back of arms, hands etc.)
- Enjoy the refreshing fragrance of lemon and lime.
Have you ever made (or used) sugar scrub? What's your favorite sugar scrub scent?
If you like this scrub, you will probably enjoy my e-book, The Body Scrub Bible.
Latest posts by Stacy Karen (see all)
- Manuka Honey Ratings – What Do the Numbers Mean? - January 23, 2020
- How and When to Use Natural Preservatives in DIY Beauty Products - January 23, 2020
- Self-Care Action Plan for the Holidays - December 23, 2019