This cake can be a snack or dessert. Buttermilk keeps is nice and moist and makes it so it's not overly sweet.
Make it more of a dessert by adding frosting or serving with a side of whipped cream.
Or leave it un-frosted and eat for breakfast!
Buttermilk Chocolate Cake
2 cups sprouted flour or gluten-free flour blend
1 1/4 cups coconut sugar or sucanat
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1-1/3 cups buttermilk
Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Add eggs, butter, and buttermilk.
Mix until smooth.
Bake in a greased 9×13 pan for 25 minutes.
- 2 cups sprouted flour or gluten-free flour blend
- 1 1/4 cups coconut sugar or sucanat
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, butter, and buttermilk.
- Mix until smooth.
- Bake in a greased 9x13 pan for 25 minutes.