A green smoothie is perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up. There is no doubt that green vegetables are good for you. Combining them with other delicious, antioxidant filled fruits, and healthy proteins not only increases the health factor but also makes for a delicious any time drink.
Round-up photos used with permission.
6 Health Benefits of a Green Smoothie
Green Smoothies are healthy! Here are a few health benefits for drinking green smoothies regularly.
- Packed with vitamins, & minerals
- Provide green healthy carbohydrates and fiber
- A natural weight loss booster
- Green smoothies are high in antioxidants and phytonutrients
- Blending fruits and veggies breaks down the cells of plants makes digestion and nutrition absorption easier.
- The increased nutritional boost also increases energy and mental clarity.
Be sure to see my Green Tea Berry Smoothie for a refreshing anti-oxidant filled drink.
Green Smoothie Recipes
- Creamy Coconut Avocado Smoothie Recipe (dairy free, Autoimmune Friendly) – Delicious Obsessions
- Green Strawberry Grape Smoothie Recipe – Great Peace Academy
- Peanut Butter, Spinach and Banana Smoothie–an Allergen Friendly Recipe – Farm Fresh Feasts
- Energising Green Apple Super Smoothie – Better with Cake
- Tropical Green Super Smoothie – Better with Cake
- Everyday Green Smoothie – A Happy Healthy Nut
- Blackberry and Baby Kale Breakfast Smoothie – The Organic Kitchen
- 3 Energizing Smoothie Shots with Organic Greens – A Harmony Healing
- Anti-Inflammatory Orange Avocado Chia Smoothie – A Harmony Healing
- Minty Green Banana Smoothie (raw-vegan) Jar O' Honey
These are just a few of the smoothie recipes available online. In fact if you follow the Pinterest board below you'll discover even more great recipes. Take a look:
What are your favorite ingredients to use in a green smoothie recipe?