A good, solid breakfast is a great way to start the day. I've noticed my children are more apt to focus and stay on track when they eat a high-protein meal in the morning.
Protein rich breakfast foods have a lot of great benefits, thus I am attempting to include more of them on the regular meal rotation.
The following breakfast casserole is adapted from, Internal Bliss. A cookbook designed for those following the GAPS diet. The original recipe does not call for sauteing the veggies.
2 cups shredded Cauliflower
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup chopped Sausage,
1 Onion, chopped
1 Red bell pepper, chopped
2 tsp coocnut oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
2. Melt coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté peppers, onions, and sausage in a pan until sausage is cooked through.
3. Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
4. Add shredded cauliflower, cooked sausage, and vegetables. Stir to combine.
5. Add cheese and stir to combine.
6. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the center is firm.
Everyone loved this and I was so happy to serve it since it contains so lots and lots of good nutrition for my family.
I think spinach and/or green chilies would be great additions for extra nutrition and flavor.
Latest posts by Stacy Karen (see all)
- DIY Green Cleaning: How to Get Started - March 7, 2019
- Green Cleaning Recipes (Quick and Easy) - March 6, 2019
- How to Choose the Right Carrier Oil for Homemade Skin Care Products - March 3, 2019