It's easy to make nourishing homemade facial scrubs for glowing skin. Just combine a few basic ingredients, apply, and wash off with warm water.
Choose one or two dry ingredients (such as ground oats or nuts) and mix with a wet ingredients (such as oil or water). Mix approximately 1 tablespoon of dry ingredients to 1 teaspoon of liquid/wet ingredients. This works out to roughly 3:1 ratio (three parts dry to one part wet). The emphasis here is on roughly. Your goal is to create a paste that will hold together.
These scrubs are intended for immediate use and not generally suitable for storage. So, jut make enough to use right away.
Some ideas for dry and wet ingredients:
- Oat bran
- Baking Soda
- Almond meal (finely ground almonds)
- Sunflower seeds, finely ground
- Oats, finely ground
- Wheat germ
- White Cosmetic Clay – good for sensitive skin
- Dried herbs, ground
Choose herbs such as: calendula petals, chamomile flowers, peppermint leaves, lemon balm, lavender, or rose petals
- Cream (for dry skin)
- Avocado, mashed
- Strawberries, mashed
- Bananas, mashed
- Herbal Tea – such as chamomile or peppermint.
3 examples of nourishing, DIY facial scrubs:
Corn and Honey Scrubber
1 Tablespoon cornmeal
½ teaspoon honey
Enough water to make a paste
1 tablespoon ground almonds
1 teaspoon honey
Add water if necessary
Herbal Oat Scrub
1 tablespoon ground oats
1 teaspoon freshly brewed chamomile tea
This is an excerpt from my eBook, Simple Scrubs to Make and Give.
Latest posts by Stacy Karen (see all)
- DIY Green Cleaning: How to Get Started - March 7, 2019
- Green Cleaning Recipes (Quick and Easy) - March 6, 2019
- How to Choose the Right Carrier Oil for Homemade Skin Care Products - March 3, 2019