I don't like the term Paleo.
To me it sounds like a fad diet.
Plus, all the caveman talk bugs me a little.
I want to eat a real food diet. Except not a diet in the way it's usually thought of, but diet in the sense of a way of life.
It's what I eat. How I nourish my body (and mind).
For the past few months I've had to avoid grains and sugar in order to deal with some health issues.
Avoiding these things really does help. When I slack off and eat grains or sugar, I feel terrible. Like, really, really, terrible.
For this reason I have a lot of Paleo cookbook on my bookshelf and in my computer (eBooks). It's much easier for me to go to a cookbook and know that I can eat every recipe it has, then browse through other books checking to see what I can eat and what I can't, thinking about how to substitute certain ingredients, and so on. I don't have the energy for that right now, so I go with Paleo. It's just easier.
If you have any on-going health issues, I encourage you to try eliminating grains and sugar for a while to see if it helps.
Eating a Paeloish diet helps me in the following ways:
- Reduces stomach bloat
- Removes a few excess pounds
- Increases energy
- Aids sleep
I'm certain there are other benefits, but these are the ones I can attest to.
If you have been thinking about trying Paleo or are already eating that way but want some new resources, be sure to check out the Harvest Your Health Bundle. It ends at midnight tonight PST.
There are other eBooks in it besides Paleo-based ones, but it is definitely a rich resource for anyone striving to eat a Paleo diet.
Here are a few of the Paleo books included with the bundle:
- Paleo Everyday ($8.99) by Heather
- Paleo Snack Recipes ($17) by Suz Crawt
- Paleo Chocolate ($4.99) by Ben Hirshberg
- Paleo Ice Cream ($5.99) by Ben Hirshberg
- Gluten Free Pancakes ($4.99) by Jolene Sloam
- The Grain Free Lunchbox ($9.95) by Jolene Sloam
- 30 Day Intro to Paleo ($20) by Bill & Hayley Staley
- A Paleo Pumpkin Thanksgiving ($5) by George Bryant
- Toadally Primal Smoothies ($9.99) by Todd Dosenberry
- Baking with Coconut Flour ($18.95) by Starlene Stewart
- Well Fed: Paleo Recipes For People Who Love To Eat ($14.95) by Melissa Joulwan
- FastPaleo Top 100 of 2012 with bonuses ($14.97) by James Gregory and Ute Mitchell
- Primal Tightwad: Maximizing Your Health On a Minimal Budget ($14.95) by Carolyn Rush
- The Modern No-Nonsense Guide to Paleo: Shopping, Kitchens, Lunches ($10) by Alison Golden
There are also some great DIY skincare books and a wonderful book on teaching kids about herbs.
The bundle includes 71 ebooks, 22 discount codes, 4 different meal plans, 3 online magazine subscriptions and one month to an online fitness program for $37 (retail value of $1107).
This sale is not for everyone, but I wanted to be sure to let you know in case it is something that would be helpful to you.
Get all the details here
This post contains affiliate links.
Leave a Reply