If you are participating in the vegetable eating challenge, I've got a bonus challenge that will help you meet the 10 servings of vegetables a day quota.
Eat veggies at every meal.
Yes. Every meal.
Consuming veggies throughout the day will not only increase your intake of vegetables, it will help you feel better as well.
Eating veggies at every meal is a great way to fill up on nutrients that feed and fuel your body. (Filling up on veggies before reaching for carb-heavy breads and pastas is also useful in losing weight.)
- Veggie egg scramble
- Green smoothies
- Soup (yes, it's ok to eat soup for breakfast!)
- Spinach quiche
- Fried or poached eggs over sautéed spinach or shredded sweet potatoes
- Lettuce wraps (like a sandwich, but with lettuce instead of bread)
- Roasted vegetables alongside some chicken or beef
- Same as lunch!
- Any type of meat alongside one of the 80 vegetable side dish recipes
How did you do this week?
I did better. Still not quite hitting 10 servings a day, but inching closer.
I'd love to hear how you are doing with eating vegetables. Leave me a comment and let me know.